Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Where is HARVEST!?!?!?!

Happy first day after Labor Day!  I hope that your extended weekend was super!  

I really don't have much to update on, the winery itself is ready to accept grapes, meaning me and Justin (the other intern) have scrubbed the place down to where it is as sanitized as a surgery room.

Look how spotless, done by yours truly, we cleaned the inside and outside of about 20 of these!
On to the week that was, I worked from Wednesday - Friday.  We scrubbed the grape receiving bins (all 60 of them!!) and then topped up the barrels.  Which means adding wine to the wine that is aging in oak barrels, as the wine ages there is some evaporation so you have to top up the barrels.  After topping of the barrels we barrel tasted some of the Assistant Wine Makers wine, the estate Pinot, and the Ranch Red!  All were very good and still have some time in the barrels!!

After the tasting on Friday I headed back to the bay area and went into the city on Saturday.  Here is what transpired, through pictures....

SF model yacht club!! haha, for remote controlled boats, behind me is a little pond where they boat!
Up close, reads "SF Model Yacht Club."
Brunch starters, raspberry and cappuccino dipping sauce, at Beach Chalet, compete with beignets
Beach Chalet Highly recommend this place if you are ever in San Francisco.  I had the Corned Beef Hash and the picture of the above is the Chalet Beignets!! soooooo gooooooood!

With that... it's time for lunch.  Harvest should be here on Thursday or Friday, until then I am just waiting for the call to begin harvest.  Until then........

1 comment:

  1. I almost forgot, I also drove a fork lift for the first time!!!

    ReplyDelete