Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bikram Yoga

Although this has nothing to do with wine, at all, I wanted to take a few minutes to discuss my first experience with yoga, not just any yoga but Bikram Yoga.  You see, my girlfriend has been asking me if I would want to do yoga for probably since we have been dating and I honestly have always wanted to try it hoping that it would keep me youthful and especially help with flexibility.  So after much putting off going, I finally said what the heck let's do it.

What is Bikram Yoga?  Its Yoga at 103 degrees!!  Simulating what the weather is like in India where yoga is widely practiced and where I believe it is a religion.  Anyways, my first experience was great, it was relaxing, introspective, enlightening, and also a WORKOUT!  Forget the gym, forget the treadmill, bikram gives you everything you are looking for.  I can't stand running on a treadmill (I love running outside) or lifting weights so bikram was a nice change of pace.  The session was a lot of stretching/holding yourself up..etc... two days later I am the sorest I have ever been.  A different type of sore too, real deep sort of sore.  It's hard to explain.  Just try it, trust me! Highly recommended!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment