Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Day at the Ferry Building

Well, after being away for so long it feels good to be back in 50-60 degree weather and where the sun just shines and shines, we have been getting a little rain so its been a little cloudy, however, the last few days have been sunny!  A run outside in January is necessary!

I've been told by my Mom to check out this wine bar in the Ferry Building for sometime.  We departed at maybe 11am and arrived to the city around 11:45am to which everyone was hungry so we decided to stop in MarketBar in the Ferry Building for some lunch.  Since it is Dungeness crab season we decided to start with the deviled eggs with chipotle aioli topped with the lovely, lovely, yummy crab.  It was amazing, so fresh as you could imagine!  I then had a simple chicken sandwich on, yes, of course, sourdough bread, and some sort of fruit chutney.  It was super good, I'll definitely go back!

After lunch we made our way over to the Wine Merchant where we sampled some wine.  I tried an interesting wine from California, a varietal called Negrette.  The grape is predominately grown in Southwest France.  The wine was pretty interesting.  I do remember it being pretty big, maybe even like a Cab.  Since we were just hanging out and having a good time, I didn't really focus too much on the wine, I just drank it!  This is a wine that I would certainly like to revisit.


My Mom had a sweet from the Jura region for France, again, something I would like to revisit.  I don't remember the name of the wine however, I will be on the hunt for this sweet wine from Jura, France.

Overall, a pretty neat wine bar in the Ferry Building, the staff was pretty knowledgeable which is always important!

Picture my brother took outside the Ferry Building

No comments:

Post a Comment